About the Role
The Canadian Student Leadership Association is hiring a temporary program assistant to support our youth leadership programs across Canada. This role is based in Kitchener, Ontario.
The program assistant will work with the program coordinator to conduct outreach, plan, coordinate and execute CSLA programs across Canada. Successful individuals for this role include leaders who are organized, creative, and comfortable working with youth and educators. This role is a hybrid position, splitting time between in-person and remote work for 20-35 hours/week. Although a temporary position, this opportunity may be extended pending additional funding sources.
We can't wait to add an engaging leader to our team. If you are passionate about leadership, youth opportunities, education and non-profit work, please consider applying.
A day in the life!
The program assistant would work directly with the program coordinator supporting CSLA's main program offerings, including Horizons Leadership Conferences and the Student Leadership Certification Program (Portage). On a daily basis, this individual would support the association by:
- managing program and programming staff calendars
- scheduling and supporting youth training sessions
- conducting outreach to schools across Canada to share program information
- creating youth training kits for programs
- developing promotional content for upcoming program dates
- organizing and reviewing youth projects for grant programs, awards, etc
- supporting CSLA members and additional educators in their leadership programs
- updating registration information, supporting new program registrations
- other organizational duties as assigned
Who you are...
- Confident and well-versed in Google Suite products
- Organized and ability to manage time
- Friendly, Thoughtful, Customer Service
Additional Skills that would be assets in this role but not required:
- Experience in a student leadership or student activities program, club, or team
- Canva or other graphic design skills
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Past experience working with the education system
- Access to a vehicle, drivers license
The Canadian Student Leadership Association is a federally registered charity in Canada. Founded in 1985 to originally support the continuation of our main event, the Canadian Student Leadership Conference (CSLC), CSLA has since grown, and now distributes leadership resources, materials, scholarships, and organizes programs and events for its member schools across the country.
Our vision is to build a strong community of secondary school students across the country who, inspired by their student leadership experiences, are actively engaged in their schools and communities and contributing to the betterment of society.
For more of who we are please visit: www.studentleadership.ca